Location: Bellingham, Washington
Under minimal supervision, responsible for leading and directing the product development activities for new and existing products to bring best value to the consumer and meet the company’s financial objectives. Manages the life cycle of product development from idea to execution to finished good in warehouse. Strategically focused on a 6-24 month product planning cycle.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in establishing & supporting new and existing product strategies through market research.
2. Coordinates the development of products using internal resources, including Engineering, Purchasing, Production, Graphics and Marketing.
3. Lead and review product concept & design. Creates product specification & product request for quote documents.
4. Coordinates new product development and introduction through to phase-out of products. Includes evaluation and on-going maintenance of existing products.
5. Sources product & product components from vendors all over the world.
6. Actively participates in vendor relations.
7. Determines product costing and assists with product scheduling.
8. Approves product conformance to objectives & release to production.
9. Ensures that all necessary paperwork is completed and approved prior to commencing each phase of the project.
10. Ensures that all action items are assigned to respective departments and that schedule is being achieved. Ensures that missed or slipping dates are communicated.
11. Monitors and suggests improvements to the product development procedure.
12. Coordinates process of creation and design of packaging for designated product category.
13. Maintains records, lists & schedules on all assigned projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. College degree in business or related technical field and/or equivalent project management experience. Prefer three or more years of experience.
2. Must develop good product knowledge of all company products. Familiarity with the computer accessories category, consumer electronics products or home furnishing décor and/or accessories industry preferred.
3. Computer proficiency required in Windows-based applications: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator.
4. Familiarity and experience working with retail and business market channels such as mass market merchant, superstore, educational, military, direct or web-based marketing.
5. Familiarity and experience with package design process. Have participated in the process of creation and evaluation of package design.
6. Must be multi-task oriented, independent in work style, organized, be able to work in a high stress environment, provide excellent internal and external communication and follow-up. Must also be capable of analyzing situations, be self-directed and know how to progress in any particular situation.
7. Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with co-workers and outside contacts. Extensive interface with other departments necessary.
8. Possible travel to accounts, trade shows and/or for review of product manufacturing.
9. Position requires sitting at a desk 70-80% of the day and walking and standing 20-30% of the day to perform the necessary job functions.
10. Repetitive motion involved with usage of the computer keyboard. Affected areas are the hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, and neck areas. Job requires constant use of a computer for performance of assigned job tasks. Proper posture and correct body ergonomics are necessary to decrease stress to the affected areas.
11. Occasional lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds.
If this sounds like a job you are interested in please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please go to our home pages www.allsop.com, www.ohmetric.com and www.clingo.com to learn more about us.